I met with the plans examiner this morning. He requested and suggested a few items:
- The deck platform legalization requires a separate permit application. However, a deck platform 8" or less in height, without a railing doesn't require a permit. I remember the railing was in pretty bad shape, and wobbly, therefore I recommend removing the railing. I'll need pictures showing it removed.
- All fences need to be added to the architectural plot plan. If they are neighbors fences, note that on plot plan. If they are on your property then need to be legalized with a seperate permit app. I checked your survey. All the fences are your neighbor on their side of the property lines, except one. A small 8 foot section that goes from the front corner of the garage to the neighbors fence. I recommend removing that. I'll show it to be removed. I'll need pictures showing it removed.
- He wants proof the accessory apartment has been renewed. I need a receipt or permit renewal.
- He requested a permit search to demonstrate corresponding permit numbers for all parts of the house and garages. I took care of it while I was there.
- He mentioned that the porch will not require a variance as long as it's less than 36 above ground. The design will likely be 40" above ground but he didn't catch it. To be sure it passes the next review do you want me to lower it 8", so there is an 8" step out the door to the 32" level of the porch platform?